Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Mornings With Chocolate Chip French Toast Muffins

After a restful 8 hours of sleep it was time to get up do a little email checking and tweeting on twitter, then on to making a fun and filling breakfast this morning. Today's breakfast was a new one for us, I call it Chocolate Chip French Toast Muffins. I had this massive craving for French Toast all week, and yesterday at work I received a bag of muffins that were extras that otherwise would have sadly found there way to the garbage as the restaurant is closed on weekends. So I figured I have all these muffins, and I want French Toast so why not try and combine the two?


For Ashley and I, I used two Chocolate Chip Muffins from my muffin loot bag, cut in half.


Next I made a simple French Toast batter with two whole eggs, and 1.5tsp ground cinnamon and whisked the batter.


Dipping the half muffins in the French Toast batter just enough to lightly coat the outside of the muffin halves


mmmmm...Chocolate Chip French Toast Muffins


We had our Chocolate Chip French Toast Muffins with a side of Cantaloupe, and a mug of black coffee from our bag of ground coffee from M&M Meat Shops each.

After breakfast we sat down and chatted about the upcoming 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver & Whistler which holy cow, are only 13 days away! We chatted about the hype surrounding both the U.S. and Canadian men's Ice Hockey teams, the lack of snow in the Vancouver/Whistler areas right now, and which sports we're looking forward to. Ashley's not really too stoked for any of the Winter Olympic events, for me the big ones are: skiing, and Canadian, and U.S. hockey, both men's and women's.
Now while I'm writing this entry Ashley's working it on the Wii Fit, then I'll do a little Wii Fitting, and hopefully we make it out for a run today before the snow comes.

Hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Saturday!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment