Friday, January 29, 2010

TGIF

Oh how nice it is/was to know today was Friday. Now first of all let we say that yes today was a rather lazy day for me physically with the exception of a half hour walk this evening which I'll get to later in this post.


I started my Friday morning off with a bowl of Puffins Cinnamon Cereal, half of a Florida Navel Orange, and a cup of black coffee.
Then after breakfast it was off to work, where things were incredibly slow, but quiet as I was the only one working in my catering/banquet kitchen this morning for the first just over two hours. This allowed me to be able to get lots of extra prep work done and allowed me the freedom to listen to whatever kind of music I chose and be able to play the stereo as loud as I choose.

For lunch today I had

a veggie quesadilla filed with smoky BBQ sauce, franks red hot sauce, and eggplant zucchini, asparagus, red and green peppers, red onions, sliced mushrooms, and black olives. And a spinach salad with a rice wine vinegar dressing. On my salad I put: red and green peppers, black olives, Mandarin oranges, and sun dried tomatoes.

After work this afternoon I ran a few errands then met up with Ashley (the girlfriend/my girlfriend) once she was done her work day. We then had a quick dinner at her office of her leftover vegetarian chili, with whole wheat rice I made for the chili last night, and another half Navel Orange.
After we finished eating our dinner on the go, Ashley and I went for a 30 minute walk to the Pengrowth Saddledome for our hockey game between the Calgary Hitmen and Brandon Wheat Kings. We both were cheering for the Wheat Kings as Ashley is from Brandon Manitoba Canada.


The hockey game between Calgary Hitmen and Brandon Wheat Kings


Our snack at the hockey game: 1 pack of Sharkies Organic Energy Fruit Chews



Ashley and I at the Calgary Hitmen and Brandon Wheat Kings game here in Calgary.


Final score in the game was 6-3 for Brandon much to both Ashley and my delights.

After the game we took the LRT (Calgary's answer to a subway system) back into downtown, followed by a bus from downtown back to where we parked the car this morning. Back at home we decided we were gonna watch "Dick Tracy"

and we made a bowl of popcorn with little butter and a pot of Earl Grey Tea to enjoy with our movie. As soon as the movie's over it'll be time for beddy-bye.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to being another very healthy, and physically active day, just less lazy than today. Talk to you all Saturday morning.

NIGHT!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment