Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekends are for fun and fitness, and relaxation!

Today has been a day filled with lots of fun, fitness, and relaxation, and great eats. I got my fitness in particular cardio in the forms of a strong and energetic Wii Fit Plus workout followed by Ashley and I going for a 58 minute walk to our local supermarket to pick up prescriptions and back home. Unfortunately we had to postpone today's run until tomorrow due to the fresh snow and howling wind today which made for slippery and snow drift filled sidewalks and roads.
After our 58 minute walk Ashley prepared us a lunch of:

-1 can of Amy's Organic Lentil soup (split half can for each of us)
-1 slice Dempsters Whole Grain 12 Grain bread, with 1tsp Presidents Choice Reduced Calorie Margarine
-1 Cup Presidents Choice Green Tea

After lunch we decided to watch "My Sisters Keeper" on of our two movies we have rented currently form zip.ca the other being "Frost/Nixon" which we'll watch either later tonight or sometime tomorrow. "My Sisters Keeper" was a really good but really sad movie, but it did exceed my expectations so I was quite pleased with it.



During the movie we had afternoon snacks. Ashley had celery sticks with peanut butter, and I being allergic to nuts had just plain celery sticks. I have to say that celery sticks are one of my favorite snack foods, I think a big part of it has to be the crunch of the celery.


After our movie it was time to start dinner. Tonight's dinner consisted of:
-Roasted Green Pepper
-Roasted mushrooms
-Roasted head of garlic


Homemade pasta sauce made from:
-1/2 can of diced tomatoes
-1 chopped clove of garlic
-1 tsp oregano
-1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Place above ingredients in a food processor and bled until liquefied, then heat in a small sauce pan until sauce is warm throughout.
Finally we had whole wheat spaghetti

Note the Vancouver Canucks beer pint glass filled with Big Rock Brewery's Winter Spice Beer!
After dinner it was time to sit down and watch the Vancouver Canucks and Chicago Black Hawks hockey game on CBC Hockey Night in Canada. For those of you who don't know me well, I'm a true blue die hard Vancouver Canucks hockey fan. After 2 periods it is 3-0 Canucks so my night is amazing so far. Anyway I'm off to watch the remainder of the game, and then probably off to bed especially since Ashley is lying beside me on the love seat in our family room sleeping away, she looks sooooo cute btw!

Hope you all had a fun and relaxing Saturday filled with fitness too.

Night :)

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment