Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vegetarian Eating Day 2

So today was my second straight successful day of vegetarian eating which fulfills my goal of two to three days a week of eating strictly vegetarian set yesterday morning.
My day started off today with a breakfast of a fried egg cooked in a half teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil on a slice of Dempsters Wholegrain Ancient Grain bread with a half cup of Penny's Salsa Pico De Gallo Salsa which can be found at Costco Wholesale (at least in Canada, but I'm sure in the U.S.A. too as it is a product of the U.S.A.) and I highly recommend picking up a jar of this amazing salsa if you have access to Costco, or some other retailer that sells this product.


Also with breakfast I had a cup of Starbucks Cafe Verona coffee brewed at home, nothing starts a day off better than that first cup of Starbucks coffee in the am.
After breakfast and getting ready for work it was off to work for a full day of catering. For lunch I made myself a vegetarian wrap on a sun dried tomato tortilla wrap shell, with about a teaspoon of lite mayonnaise, red and green pepper strips, sliced mushrooms and cucumbers, and alfalfa sprouts, along with a spinach salad topped with red and green pepper strips, sliced mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, and black olives, with a lite rice wine vinegar and EVOO (as Rachael Ray would say)hehe salad dressing.
After work it was off to the bar to meet my dad for drinks. We try to spend some time together every Thursday or thereabouts. Nothing beats a cold beer even in the middle of January.

From there I made a quick stop in to the local video store to buy a couple movies cause I still have/had birthday money from my mom. So I bought myself G.I. Joe, and for Ashley cause I knew how bad she wanted to see it I bought her Julie and Julia.

For dinner my dad and I ordered a pizza from Papa John's Pizza we split a large. On his half he had bacon, and mushroom, and on my half I of course had vegetarian. While we had our pizza and Pepsi dinner back at me and Ashley's house, oh yeah Ashley was over spending her usual Thursday night visit with her mom, brother, and her moms boyfriend. While my dad and I ate we watched the movie "Taking Woodstock" which I have to say is an awesome movie especially for people my parents age which lets just say is way older than I ;) .


After dinner and the movie it was time for my dad to head home, and for me to do an all out hardcore cardio workout both with sit-ups, and with the Wii Fit Plus, followed by my nightly blogging. The perfect way to end a second strait day of perfect veggie, and fruit based eating day.
I'm so so glad tomorrow/today is Friday depending on where and when you're reading this, as Ashley and I are both in serious need of a weekend to just kick back and unwind.
Have a happy and healthy Friday

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment