Saturday, January 23, 2010

3 Day Vegetarian Eating Weekend

Yesterday (Friday) morning I decided that I was going to eat completely vegetarian all day yesterday, all day today, and all day tomorrow. This is gonna be my longest stretch without any meat since I made the decision to go 2-3 days/week eating completely vegetarian.
Yesterday started off with a quick but tasty bowl of Cheerios in a cup of fat free milk at the house before heading into work. Once at work I had a half cup of hash browns that we make at the restaurant, along with half of a chocolate chip muffin. UN-fortunately I have no pictures of my breakfast choices.

For lunch yesterday I again had a vegetarian wrap which contained: green and red pepper strips, cucumber strips, black olives, sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sprouts, and lite mayonnaise.
Along with the wrap I had a side spinach salad containing: spinach, Mandarin oranges, mushroom slices, diced tomatoes, and black olives coated lightly in a rice wine vinegar dressing.

Snacking yesterday was kind of my downfall as I did in addition to the half cup of hash browns and half muffin I had in the morning at work, I did also indulge in a couple of donuts that a couple of my co-workers brought in for everyone, but I did resist the opportunity to have a beer post work with my co-workers. I'd like to thank one of my other co-workers for catching me with the donut and the hash browns earlier and pointing out that I need to be accountable and point out even the slip ups I eat, even though I would have stated these items on my own it was good to have someone point them out.
After work I killed time until Ashley was done work, then I met her at her office and we a tasty dinner on the run since right after we ate we were off to the hockey game between the Calgary Hitmen, and Moose Jaw Warriors which Calgary won 5-0.

For dinner I had a spinach salad with zucchini, mushrooms, and guacamole. Also had a fresh kiwi fruit, and a package off Anne's bunny's Honey Graham flavour. It was just the right amount to satisfy me for a Friday night dinner.
After dinner we went for a twenty five minutes walk through downtown Calgary over to the Pengrowth Saddledome for the hockey game. Going for walks is such an awesome time, it gives us great conversation and together time.
At the hockey game the only food I consumed I'm very happy to say was half of my chocolate chip cliff bar.

The other half I gave to Ashley to help her with an evening snack.
Now I know that some of my snacking choices weren't the best choices but I also know they could have been allot worse, and I did go completely meat free.

Hope you all had a healthy Friday.

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment