Monday, January 18, 2010

Off and Running.....


Today I did my second outdoor training run and second in as many days in my preparation and training for the two runs in May 2010 that I'm currently training for. On Sunday May 9 I will be running in the "Sportcheck Morthers Day run and walk", and on Sunday 30 I'll be doing the 10km portion of the "Scotiabank Calgary Marathon".
As I talked about in my blog yesterday, yesterday Ashley and I went for a run through our neighbourhood taking us 13 minutes flat. Today we ran the exact same route shaving 1 minute and 29 seconds off our time from yesterday down to 11 minutes and 31 seconds.


As you can see in the pics above evening runs in Calgary are quite chilly at this time of year, but there's just something about running in that cold winter air that makes you wanna keep going, and push yourself harder and further, two things we're both needing and wanting from our running right now. So with two training runs completed so far this week, I have only minnimum two more training runs this week to hit my goal of four training runs/week, things are looking good in week one!

Also on an upside my BMI has dropped to 23.69 and my weight to 194 lbs still down 13 lbs from my starting weight of 207 and 9 lbs away from my goal of 185 by February 14, things are looking so good for me these days, also my clothes are beginning to fit looser which is making me extremely happy and optimistic about my healthy choices and lifestyle.
Now I believe that one of the biggest and most important points in any healthy day and lifestyle is healthy eating. While today I ate meat/meat products for the first time since Friday night at dinner, I did balance it all out with lots of good fruits, vegetables, grains, and Dairy.

For Breakfast I had a blueberry bran muffin with low fat margarine, a kiwi fruit, and a large cup of coffee.
At work this morning for an AM snack I had a plain croissant, and for lunch today at work I had a fried over hard egg a slice of tomato, and 1.5 tbsp of pace thick and chunky salsa and a litre of water.
Supper tonight for a little while was kinda up in the air a bit debating between ordering a pizza from Papa John's Pizza and making open faced salmon burger sandwiches, with mashed potatoes, and roasted vegetables (Onion, red and green peppers, and mushrooms) left over from Ashley's prep work yesterday morning for yesterday's vegetarian chili.


However in the end the open faced slamon burger sandwich mashed potato, and roasted vegetables option won. With it I had a tbsp of mayonnaise, and 0.5 cup of "Penny's Salsa" Pico de Gallo salsa (available at Costco Wholesale) on the sandwich, and a glass of "Lucerne" Chocolate milk on the side.
What a healthy start to the work week today was, now to keep it going for the rest of the week. Now I'm off to pack Ashley her work food for the day for tomorrow, and then to finally register for my two may races. Tomorrow I'll tell all about what I packed Ashley!

Hope you all had a happy and healthy Monday, and keep making those same choices tomorrow!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment