Saturday, January 23, 2010

Green Velveteen Smoothie and Banana Oats, with Starbucks Coffee.

Oh how my stomach feels so much better after a solid 9.5hr sleep, writing a blog, and most notably a yummy healthy filling breakfast. Today for breakfast I present you with my green velveteen smoothie, and a bowl of banana oats with a cup of Starbucks Cafe Verona Coffee.

Banana Oats:
Bring 3/4 cup of water to a simmer in a small skillet or pot
Add 3/4 cup of quick oats and stir until all oats are moist
Cut or crumble 1 banana into oats
Allow to cook until oats and banana are both soft and clumpy.
Serve in bowl (makes approx 2 cups of hot oatmeal cereal)

The Green Velveteen Smoothie I made today was made the exact same way I made last weeks but here again are the directions, the only difference is today I used fat free peach yogurt instead of plain due to the fact that we are out of plain yogurt.
-1 kiwi without skin cut into 6 pieces
-1 large navel orange cut into 8 smaller pieces
-2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
-11/2 cup low fat soy milk
-11/2 cup fresh spinach
-1/3 cup fat free peach yogurt (or if you have it use plain yogurt)
-1 cup ice cubes
Blend all above ingredients in a blender until mixture begins to thicken, and serve. makes 2 pint glasses worth.


You will notice in this picture I chose to sprinkle some brown sugar on top of my oats just to add a bit of extra flavour. You can top your oats with whatever topping you so choose.

Now to get on with the remainder of my Saturday which includes a Nintendo Wii Fit Plus workout, walk, run and some laundry probably, as well as more healthy eats.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday January 23 2010.
Stay Happy and Healthy, and remember you're all beautiful!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment