Sunday, January 24, 2010

191 and Counting.....

Here I am 9 weeks into my 12 week weight loss quest to lose 22 lbs going from 207-185 lbs by Sunday February 14 2010 at 191 lbs. With 6 lbs left to lose in the next 3 weeks, I'm finding my self turning up the intensity even more. Today I completed my third straight day of eating completely vegetarian, and upping my cardio and fitness activities.
After breakfast this morning Ashley and I went for a 28 minute and 45 second run which took us on two laps around our neighbourhood through snow and ice and in minus 8 Celsius temperature. We decided to start upping our run distance as both of us are now registered for the 5km run portion of the Sportchek Mothers Day Run/Walk here in Calgary on Sunday May 9th 2010, and Ashley is registered in the 5km and I the 10km portions of the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon on Sunday May 30th 2010. The running training is going quite well for both of us and with 3.5 months until the Mothers Day Run we're both very optimistic about our training and up coming runs.

After our run we made a hearty lunch of which I had 2/3 of a can of Bush's Best Vegetarian Baked Beans, along with 1 slice of Dempsters Whole Grain 12 Grain bread, and on the slice of toast I had 1tsp of Presidents Choice Reduced Calorie Margarine.
After lunch Ashley had to jet off to her indoor soccer game, and I spent the afternoon and early part of the evening at home watching the Indianapolis Colts and New York Jets followed by the New Orleans Saints and Minnesota Vikings football games. Thankfully both the teams I was cheering for (Colts and Saints) won this afternoon, and both are now off to the Superbowl on Sunday February 7 in Miami Florida.

For dinner tonight I made a vegetarian lasagna from M&M Meat Shops. It was so delicious and filled with lots of yummy and hearty vegetables, and topped with just the right amount of cheese.

Along with the vegetarian lasagna we had mixed vegetables from Presidents Choice, and we also split a bottle of Big Rock Brewery's Winter Spice Beer.
After dinner we sat down to watch the overtime quarter in the New Orleans football game, followed by an episode of Weeds season 1 on DVD.
Now I'm just winding down in bed and doing my evening blog for today, and feeling that I really need to be getting to sleep as I have to be into work for 8am tomorrow morning and looking next to me at my clock that reads 10:55pm.
Talk to you all tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment