Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vegetarian Eating Day 1

I'm so excited for our dinner tonight. Last night while I was blogging Ashley started to to prep for our dinner tonight which is "Brown Rice and Squash Crock pot Risotto" the recipe for which comes from the website: http://www.fatfreevegan.com/crockpot/brown.shtml and was submitted by Carolin.



This is a big thing for Ashley to make something in her brand new crock pot that she received as a Christmas gift from her mom and her mom's boyfriend, it's also a real treat for me cause 1: it means I got tonight off cooking, and 2: it allowed me to go play my new Rock Band game for our PlayStation 2 the game was a Christmas and Birthday gift to me from my uncle this year.
Tonight's crock pot dish will be our second Vegetarian dinner this week our other one being a vegetable lasagna back on Monday night.
During the course of today I decided that I would go completely vegetarian today, and will do the same tomorrow. This is something I am going to be doing 2-3 days/week from now on, both to help get me to eat less meat in particular red meats. This decision came to me partly by choice, and partly by chance during the morning part of my day. For breakfast today I had 2 mugs of black coffee, and a banana muffin. Once I got to work today (I'm a banquet/catering chef by the way) I found myself putting away our kitchen's food order.

Then it was on to making a bunch of fresh fruit trays for catered events today and tomorrow

after which it was time to eat lunch which for me today was a bowl of French Onion Soup, and a salad of mixed greens, a balsamic dressing, white mushrooms, mixed pepper strips, mandarin oranges, sun dried tomatoes, and black olives, oh yes and a cheese bread crouton in the soup. After work this afternoon I had a Dr's appointment and on my way to that I decided to stop on into a Starbucks coffee and had a tall skinny vanilla latte (my new Starbucks favorite drink this winter anyway).

After my Dr's appointment it was back home to work out on the Wii Fit Plus but before that was happening I had to have a small yet filling afternoon snack since we won't be eatin till about 8pm which is actually another 40 minutes away yet. My evening snack was a chocolate chip muffin i had left in my bag from work that I had forgotten about earlier.

then i was time to work out. Just a quick update on my progress with my weight loss and getting in shape. Today I checked in at 194lbs which is still 9lbs away from my goal of 185 by February 14, but it's also down 13lbs from my start weight of 207lbs. Also my Wii Fit Plus age since the weekend has gone down from 44yrs to 40 which is still higher than I'd like but it is going in the right direction.
So after a full and what I'd say was a pretty healthy and satisfying day I am starving and wanting to try this "Brown Rice and Squash Crock Pot Risotto" dish and after dinner we're just gonna cozy on up and continue season 1 of "Weeds" on DVD.
I look forward to blogging again tomorrow and will post final pics, and a review of Ashley's crock pot meal till then stay Happier and Healthier than you were before!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment