Monday, February 15, 2010

Turning Point

Everyone in any journey in life experiences a turning at least once somewhere along their journey. I feel that this weekend and today have been a turning point for me in keeping my weight off and maintaining a happy and healthy lifestyle. As I said in yesterdays blog while I have kept my self at a weight I'm happy with over the past week since I achieved my weight goal a week ago yesterday, I have been allowing myself to become lazy in the area of fitness, and careless in what I've been eating in the past week. Today I have made a conscious decision to turn my eating and fitness around from what it has been this past week to get myself back on the track that I was on the prior 11 weeks.

This morning started off on the right foot by putting myself through a tense and hard 35 minute cardio, yoga, and strength training workout on the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus. Followed by a hard all out 30 minute run on the Wii Fit Plus. While I would normally prefer to do that run outdoors I elected to do the run indoors on the Wii Fit because Ashley is battling a bad chest cold this weekend and is unable to do any hard cardio especially cardio outside in near freezing Calgary temperatures in February. It was so nice having Ashley in the living room with me this morning to visit with while I was running, her support is a big motivator for me on this journey, and had it not been for her I would have had a much harder time achieving the results I have thus far had it not been for her.

For breakfast this morning I made us both smoothies consisting of:

-Navel Orange
-Kiwi Fruit
-Fresh Spinach
-Strawberry Yogurt
-Fresh Strawberries
-Pureed Pumpkin
-Rice Milk
-Ice Cubes


Along with the smoothies I also made homemade breakfast potatoes with regular bakers potatoes, and seasoned the potato chunks with: Parsley flakes, granulated garlic, oregano leaves, and ground pepper, and drizzled ketchup on top once they were plated. Along with the smoothie, and the potatoes I also had a mug of Starbucks Kona blend coffee.


While we ate breakfast we watched the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Men's Downhill Alpine ski competition. Unfortunately none of the 4 Canadian racers won a medal but they did their best.


After breakfast we continued watching Olympic coverage on TV, and then we switched over to watching "Hoarders" and "Intervention" on A&E. Both of these shows I have to admit scare me. It truly scares me that there are people out there who can let there problems get out of control to the point where they become life threatening problems. Seeing people even random people such as those on these shows just makes me wanna help them, and those in their positions so much, it makes me sad.

For lunch we had:

Leftover pastas from our Valentines dinner out last night. Ashley had Bacon Carbonerra Pasta, and I had Penne Pasta Jambalaya. We went to this cut little hole in the wall Italian restaurant for dinner last night after seeing the movie "Valentines Day" in the afternoon yesterday, it was a cute couply movie.

The rest of our Holiday Monday (Family Day here in Alberta) I expect will just be spent taking it easy around the house getting Ashley better, keeping me well, and getting us both ready for another week of work, Yay a 4 day work week we're so excited for this week.

I hope you all had a great Happy and Healthy Valentines, and Valentines weekend whether you had a long weekend or not.

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment