Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lazy Saturdays Are The BEST!

Oh how great are lazy relaxing Saturdays? Truly? This morning started off with Ashley and I getting up at 630am but we made great use of our early morning wake up. I started the day by finishing up our laundry, while Ashley did her morning workout on the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus, she's doing so well on it and with her own fitness I'm soo proud of her (Way to go Baby!!!!!). After doing the last of our laundry I began making breakfast which today were a breakfast burrito and homemade hash browns fro each of us.
BURRITOS:
-1 scrambled egg each
-sliced red peppers
-sliced mushrooms
-sliced red onion
-salsa
-wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla shell

HASH BROWNS
-Yukon gold potatoes
-oregano flakes
-garlic salt
-parsley flakes
-fried in Canola Oil


After breakfast I did a quick workout, and run on the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus which I too am getting great use of, and seeing great results thanks to. After working out it was off to our blood donation appointments. We try to give blood as often as possible. Today was my 13th donation, and Ashley's 7th. While we were there donating they give you some food after so I made my blood donation food my lunch today. I had a bowl of beef barley soup, an amazing cupcake courtesy of "Crave" a little cupcake shop that donates cupcakes to Canadian Blood Services, and a can of diet coke. I know I know not the most healthy lunch, but it did fill me up for the afternoon, so I was pretty happy at the time anyway.


After donating blood we went and did our recycling (bottles and cans, and regular paper recycling) we made like $6.50 at the bottle depot from our beer bottles and cans not great not horrid either.
After our recycling expedition it was back home to drop me off, and then Ashley headed out again, this time to the "Home and Garden Show" with her family. I chose to stay home and have a wicked lazy Olympic watching filled afternoon. I was so excited watching Olympics as I saw Canada win another 3 medals this afternoon including 2 gold medals.

Now I'm just about to start on dinner as Ashley will be home very soon, and I'm not really sure what we're doing this evening but I know it will surely be grand.

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment