Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Did It! I Hit My Weight Goal!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday to all, and Go Saints Go!!! So as you can probably tell from the title of this post I have hit my weight goal of 185lbs, and I also hit that goal 1 week earlier than my target date of February 14.

Now comes the difficult part of my new me. I want to maintain a weight between 182lbs and 188lbs. I say this is the most difficult part because this is the part where in the past I have slipped. The last time I reached this weight I was so happy with myself, and so confident that maintaining it would be easy that I made it ok to binge eat, to stop pushing my exercise and running, and before I knew it I had gained it all back less one pound. This time I'm gonna keep the fitness and running up, keep the healthy eating up, and keep the excuse making down. I see this being the only effective way to ensure that these 22lbs I've lost in the last 11 weeks stay off and stay off for good, and that I keep up my high intensity training for my two upcoming runs in May of this year.

For Breakfast today I made Pumpkin Oats, with leftover breakfast potatoes from yesterday, and Starbucks Winter Blend Coffee.



The Pumpkin Oats were made with the following:
11/4 cups water brought to a boil
1 cup quick oats
1 tbsp flax seed
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
(this recipe makes 2x 11/2 cup servings of Pumpkin Oats cooked)
(my recipe makes the cooked oats on the dry side, if you like wetter oats just keep adding a bit more water to achieve the your desired consistency)


While we ate breakfast we finished watching "I Love You, Beth Cooper"

I gotta say while that movie had it's "Cute" moments, overall it was extremely "Cheesy". Certainly not anything I ever need or want to watch again.

The rest of today for us will be spent:
eating lunch
me working out
going to the library
and going to our friend Emily's house to watch Super Bowl XLIV Go Saints!

Hope you all have a great Super Bowl Sunday and if you're watching the game I hope you all enjoy it.

Cheers!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment