Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tuesday started out as any other day in my world. Breakfast with the love of my life (my lovely girlfriend Ashley).

Breakfast yesterday was

Banana Pumpkin Oats, topped with brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Along with a cup of Black Coffee.

After breakfast we got ready, and headed into downtown for work. Once at work it was a pretty routine morning for me in my catering kitchen, not a lot going on, but enough to keep the morning from dragging on.

My morning snack yesterday consisted of:

A Black Coffee in my SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) where I went to college) travel mug, along with a croissant.

Lunch was a personally created pizza I made myself.

A lite coating of tomato sauce, followed by a layer of fresh spinach, then diced tomatoes, slicer red onions, sliced red and green peppers, fresh pineapple, black olives, and topped with a lite layer of shredded cheddar, and mozzarella cheeses.

The afternoon at work was a long, and interesting afternoon. We found out that one of our managing operations partners was gonna be leaving us at the end of this week, and that we are looking at bringing back a former employee of ours. Also I spent lots of time doing prep for our functions tomorrow (today).

After work yesterday I hung around downtown for about a half hour and waited for Ashley to be finished work so that we could commute home together. On our way home we talked about ideas of what we could have done last night given that Ashley did not have indoor soccer as her team had a bye last night. After a bit of back and forthing on what we wanted to do we in the end chose to have a CHEAT MEAL from our strict healthy foods diet, and go to our local Chinese Food restaurant and have the "All You Can Eat Chinese Buffet".
Now I must say that while Chinese Buffets are both very tempting to the eye and appetite, and very filling, and not diet friendly we both were able to control ourselves, and have smaller more reasonable size portions.


Some of what I had were: cold cut veggies, and dip, hot and sour soup, ginger beef, chicken chow main, and two grilled pork dumplings.

After our Chinese Food Buffet we continued our mid week date night by going to see "Crazy Heart" starring Jeff Bridges. This was a truly amazing and brilliant movie, with a once in a career acting performance by Jeff Bridges which is completely Oscar worthy.

Hope you all had a great Tuesday/last night

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment