Sunday, February 21, 2010

Good Saturday It Was

So yesterday was a long late day filled with good and healthy foods, fun activities, and even a few tasty drinks.
After my blog post yesterday Ashley and I spent some of the morning watching some TV, before making lunch which was:

-We each had a bowl of "Pacific Organic Foods" Creamy Tomato Soup. Purchased from Costco Wholesale
-I had a toasted slice of Foccacia Bread, Ashley had Yogurt and Muesli instead of bread.

After lunch we headed off to do some shopping for some fresh fruits, as well as some more milk, and to purchase a birthday gift for our friend who's birthday it was yesterday. We did really well on the shopping picking up some apples, oranges, mango's, bananas, and grapes.
Once we got back home from our afternoon of shopping we watched a little more Olympic coverage on TV, followed by starting on supper making. Last night for supper I made:

-Baked Potatoes
-Maple Salmon Skewers (from: M&M Meat Shops)
-Steamed Broccoli
-Glass of White Zinfandel wine (from Barefoot Cellars Winery in Modesto California)

It was so nice to have a healthy, yummy, dinner at home with Ashley, and we actually eating just the two of us at our dining room table, especially since lately we have been eating lots of meals in the living room watching TV which is fun and nice too, but the table is kinda romantic.

After dinner we had our friends birthday party to head off to, yes the formal wear/business casual dress party I was talking about earlier.


We clean up nicely!

The party was just a house party, so it was rather low key, but really fun and relaxing and the friend who's birthday it was made us all 3 yummy cocktails, and tossed a cold beer my way so I was quite happy with the drink selections. Also it was fun seeing some people I don't see allot of these days, and meet some new faces. The hardest part for me though was being there until after 1:30am, and not getting back home until almost 2:00am this morning, at which point I was starving so I made Ashley and I a bowl of popcorn which we ate while watching TV in bed.

Hope you all had a great day yesterday, I know I sure did.

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment