Monday, February 15, 2010

Healthy Food = Happy People!

With Ashley being sick all day today, today was a very low-key holiday Monday for us. I will admit having a low-key end to the long weekend has been a very nice touch, we have gotten lots of great visiting and loving couple time together today through cuddling, and watching TV whether it was watching the "Hoarders" and "Intervention" marathons on A&E or watching the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics this has been the perfect Family Day (Holiday Monday) for me minus the fact that Ashley has been sick all day.

This afternoon I made us our breakfast for tomorrow morning since I have to be on my way to work at 4:50am tomorrow morning, and I'm not wanting to get up earlier than I have to. For breakfast tomorrow morning we are both having:

Pumpkin Strawberry Oats, with Flax seeds.

After making our breakfasts for tomorrow I made and packed Ashley's lunch and work snacks for her day at the office tomorrow, including a wicked veggie filled spring mix salad for lunch.

Once I finished Ashley's food for tomorrow I started on our dinner for tonight which was:

the last of Ashley's Slow Cooker Veggie Chili from about a month ago, wow that stuff kept so well in the freezer. Along with the Veggie Chili I made us Whole Grain Rice as the bed for our chili.

We had some Raspberry Jell-O as our dessert. I decided to make us that as Ashley's cold is primarily in her throat and lungs, and I wanted to make something that would be easy for her to swallow and would feel nice on the way down as well.

Since dinner we have just been un-winding our weekend by watching Olympics, and talking about our up-coming week which while a short week work wise is shaping up to be a busy week for us both, both at work, and out of work.
We are now getting ready to head to bed and get well rested for our Tuesday of work and play.

Sleep tight lovelies, and drink lots of fluids :)

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment