Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bounce Back Day!

After yesterday I promised myself that today was gonna be my "Bounce Back Day" meaning I was gonna eat healthy and sensible all day, and get off my but and fill my day with physical activities, and fitness related activities.

This morning I started off by sleeping in by about a half hour leaving me little time for breakfast, so I had to be resourceful in picking my breakfast.

I had a chocolate Carnation Breakfast Anytime made with fat free milk, cup of black coffee, and planned to have a banana with it. However due to a lack of time I had to postpone the eating of my banana until later.

After breakfast, and quickly getting ready for work it was off to work for what was a busy day filled with caterings galore. While it was busy the time did pass by quite quickly and kept my hunger at bay, with the exception of three cups of black coffee as my morning snack.

Lunch service in the restaurant was a rather busy one which kinda surprised me given the warmer sunnier weather instead of the dreery cold weather we had been getting. I finally got to sit down and enjoy my lunch and eat my banana that I had been carrying around with me since 6am at about 1pm. For lunch today I had.

The banana, and a veggie wrap containing: lite mayonnaise, shredded lettuce, red and green peppers, diced tomatoes,cucumber slices, sprouts, and mango chunks, and dipped in BBQ sauce.

After work I elected to walk the final distance from the major bus terminal in my part of the city to our house. This was a beautiful afternoon for a 24 minute walk uphill. Choosing to walk home instead of waiting for the second bus was a choice that made me very happy, and helped me feel very positive about my "Bounce Back Day!". Upon arriving home I had to have myself a wee snack of Stonyfield Organic Cranberry/Raspberry Yogurt.


For me and Ashley's dinner tonight I made us a hearty mixed greens salad with slice mushrooms, and sliced green peppers, topped with 2/3 of a boneless/skinless chicken breast. And drizzled with a olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing I whipped up while the chicken breasts were grilling.



After dinner we set out on a nice crisp 30 minute evening run through our neighbourhood continuing with our "Bounce Back Day" plan. After our run Ashley set up on the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus, while I tidied up the kitchen from dinner, and assembled her lunch and work snack for tomorrow.

We ended our Wednesday night by discussing RSP (Retirement Savings Plan) options as I have an appointment at the bank tomorrow afternoon to set up an RSP for myself. We;ll see how that goes (promise I'll tell about that appointment tomorrow in my blog). While we were discussing these options I had a little bedtime snack of Original Cheerios and Fat Free Milk.


Now I'm in bed writing this blog entry and needing to get myself to sleep as tomorrow is gonna be an earlier day than normal since we are carpooling in to work with Ashley's mom as tomorrow is her night with her mom, and we just park at her house in the morning on Thursdays.

Goodnight! :)
-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment