Sunday, February 7, 2010

Best Run Yet

Yesterday was one of those days where I was busy, but not busy. Yesterday afternoon Ashley and I went for a run, a very sore, but very good run at the same time. We ran 25min 43sec which for Ashley was her fastest run of the year thus far on the loop that we've been running by our house when we've run it twice (congratulations baby)! After the run we were both hurting a bit. Ashley cause that was her hardest and best run yet, me because Friday night when I went running on my own I forgot to wear my orthopedic knee brace that was made for me after my 6th knee operation in early 2008. While I did wear it on yesterdays run I was beginning to feel the pain in my right knee was beginning to coming on so we both ended up doing lots of stretching yesterday post run.
After stretching was over it was time for a small but filling afternoon snack.

My snack consisted of a Chocolate Chip Muffin, and a 500ml bottle of water.

We then went over to Ashley's moms house for what we planned to be a walk, but Ashley got in a super busy bee visit mode and visited our prime walking time away which was ok especially since I was beginning to feel a little tired myself and we still had lots to do.
From the visit with her mom and little brother, Ashley and I headed off to the supermarket to pick up some small items that we either forgot, or just didn't get Friday night at Costco such as: Bananas, Kiwis, Soy Milk, Rice Milk, Tea. I also tried to find some fresh Hot Cross Buns but the only ones they had left were hard as rocks which didn't really appeal to me in any way.

Supper last night was very tasty, and filling but also very simple as we were short on time cause from the time we got home till we had to leave for the hockey game was only an hour. This supper was a joint creation by Ashley and I. I seasoned the Chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper and parsley flakes, and made the rice, she made the Plantain Banana.


The hockey game we went to were the Calgary Hitmen and Medicine Hat Tigers. Both junior hockey game. We are getting lots of Hitmen game tickets for free this season cause the company Ashley works for has many blocks of season tickets and are always giving the tickets to employees, so she snatches allot up and we go.

The game was 2-0 for Calgary and it was a really close well played game by both teams, just two Medicine Hat mistakes cost them the game.
We always take our own food snack with us cause food prices are insane at the games, and they're also ridiculously un-healthy. The only things we'll buy are drinks.

I took a Kashi Cereal bar Blackberry flavor (from costco)

and we did buy a large Molson Canadian Beer and split it

Once home after the game we made a bowl of popcorn in our hot air popper and topped with lite margarine, and Kernels Raunchy Ranch seasoning, and a pot of Sugar Plum Spice tea, and sat down and started the movie "I Love You, Beth Cooper"

I'm still out on how good or how bad that movie is. We're gonna finish it this morning and I'll let you all know my final verdict in my next blog entry!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment