Friday, February 26, 2010

Thank God It Was FRIDAY!

Wow the weekend is here again, and let me tell you, it could not have come soon enough. This past week has been a very busy, very up and down week for in terms of my stress levels. Needless to say waking up this morning at 5:30am I was very relieved to realize that today was Friday.
I started this morning off with a good healthy, and filling breakfast.

For breakfast this morning I had 2 slices of lightly margarined whole wheat toast with honey on the top, and a banana.

After my breakfast this morning I hopped on the scale here at the house and to my satisfaction I saw that I am now 1.5lbs less than my goal weight of 185lbs that I had for 12 days ago putting me at a total weight of 183.5lbs. I guess my hard work and healthy choices are paying dividends.

Once at work this morning there wasn't really much for me to do, so I just kinda created work for myself to complete including making myself an amazing veggie wrap.

This amazing veggie wrap contained lots of spinach, sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes, green pepper slices, red onion slices, and cucumber slices, with lite mayonnaise on a white tortilla shell.

Along with my veggie wrap for lunch I had a bowl of Roasted Red Pepper Soup, and a slice of garlic toast, and a small side of Franks Red Hot hot sauce.

After lunch today at work we all started cleaning up the main kitchen.

Pictured here is Robert aka: ROBO, as he cleans out our small coke fridge. (he looks like a caged animal at the zoo, haha)

After work is was off to home I went, and for the last leg of my journey home I did a 24 minute walk home, as it was such a beautiful late winter/early spring afternoon here in Calgary.
At home this afternoon was a busy one as well, filled with me cleaning our house which can be a little hard at times cause I'm thinking our vacuum is gradually dying off, but otherwise cleaning the place was a breeze. Following the house cleaning I hopped on the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus to do a 30 minute tradition, cardio, and strength, and yoga workout, followed by a hard 30 minute run on the Wii Fit Plus.

After working out I got outside a n did the first household BBQ of 2010.


Dinner tonight was BBQ mesquite steak from M&M meat shops, BBQ baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli, along with a bowl of my homemade carrot ginger soup I made on Wednesday at work, and a glass of Fat Free Milk.

We ate dinner while we watched the Canada v.s. Slovakia men's Olympic Ice Hockey Semi-final game, which we (Canada) won and now we play the USA on Sunday afternoon for the gold medal in Men's Olympic Ice Hockey at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.

I am now writing this blog from bed with Ashley sleeping next to me, and Olympic highlights on in the background.

Hope you all had a great Friday, and continue to have a Happy and Healthy weekend.

G'night everyone!
-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment