Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sunshine Can Make All The Difference In The World

I firmly believe that sunshine, and a nice looking day completely can change any ones day. Today started rushed, and slightly stress filled, not too mention COLD. Funny thing bout February in Calgary, mornings tend to be C-O-L-D haha. However soon as I got started with work, and saw the beautiful sunshine it completely changed my disposition to a sunny and cheery state.

Also helping my mood today has been the food I've eaten, a great mix of healthy, and fun Ben loving foods ie: veggies, fruit, croissants, and yummy coffee's. And also the activities of my day and yet to come.

I started this morning with:

An orange cut into 8 wedges, 2 slices of Country Harvest Whole Grain Bread with lite margarine, and 0.5tbsp of Kraft Raspberry Jam/slice of toast, and a cup of black coffee.

After breakfast the rush was in full swing to get ready for and off to work. Now yes I realize early in the morning while I may be a pleasant person I'm a slow moving person at least till that first cup of coffee has kickstarted my body. While it was rushed and slightly stressful morning getting ready and into work I did make it on time which today like most days is 7:30am ish.

At work I found that there was a large bag of potatoes waiting for me to bring home. Our Sysco food supplier representative dropped about 40lbs off for the restaurant, but since they're a promo item, and we can't use them for retail use we just split them all up and everyone who wanted some got to take some.


Morning snack today for me was:

A cup of Chamomile Tea, double chocolate cookie, and a croissant ;), along with another cup of coffee (not pictured) sorry!

This morning was a very very very S....L....O....W morning as there was only one catered function so I found myself with lots of time to create an amazing, and healthy lunch for both me and my boss.

I made us each a veggie and dip plate. I felt this was the perfect lunch for both of us, as I'm dieting, and he's training for a triathlon in May. Our veggie plates had: red and green peppers, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, pickles, half croissant each, 1 hard boiled egg each, and 1/4 cup of ranch dressing each. They actually looked and tasted so good our restaurant Barista had me make her a mini veggie and dip plate for lunch.

After work I had a mid afternoon coffee date with my lovely Ashley we went to the coffee shop in her building and each got a coffee (mine black Irish Creme) and a slice of I think it was cranberry lemon loaf. It was so nice to get that little afternoon visit with her, we like to try and do that every now and then.



I'm so sexy when I eat eh? hahaha

Then it was time to head home, and do some tidying around the house, and planning for dinner (so far I have potatoes, and salmon skewers, and I thing steamed carrots for veg but not 100% sure.)
Also I now know exactly what I'm getting Ashley for Valentines Day next Sunday, Yay me!!!

Tonight we are running, having dinner, watching the movie "Paper Heart" and maybe even doing a work out. Full Recap coming later.

Hope you all had as happy and healthy of a Thursday as I did, if not it's not too late to change that.

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment