Friday, February 5, 2010

Fabulous Fitness Friday

Oh how I love Fridays! I love Fridays for a few reasons. Reason 1: it marks the end of another work week, reason 2: it's one of only two nights a week (other being Saturday) where I can stay up as late, or go to bed as early as I want with really no consequences the next morning, and reason 3: It's always one of my biggest and most serious fitness and healthy days.

I started the day off with a hearty breakfast of:

Bran Muffin with lite margarine, half Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, a large cup of coffee, and half of Ashley's bowl of All Bran cereal and banana in Fat Free Milk

Once at work which was yet another slow rather boring day I found myself making for a catering job 15 assorted sandwiches/wraps.


The time other than what it took me to make the wraps and sandwiches I spent prepping sauces, and meats for both catering, and the restaurant for next weeks business, and coming up with a daily soup idea for Monday which is Cream of Tomato Soup ( I will blog more about this soup on Monday along with pictures of the soup.

For a morning snack today I had a cup of coffee and half of a croissant.


This morning I also found out from my boss that I will be going to "Sysco Exp-o-lympics Foodshow 2010" here in Calgary on Wednesday the 17th of this month. I'm so excited to be going to this food show, as Sysco is our food service provider for the restaurant, and catering sides, and this will be an excellent opportunity for me to check out some cool food products out there. Now whether we end up getting any of them or not is yet to be seen, and really out of my hands, but whatever comes of it, I'm still so excited I'm being given the opportunity to attend this foodshow.


I also spent some time this morning trying to come up with ideas for what I want for lunch today. However in the end I was a little stumped, and since I have decided that today is a completely vegetarian day for me I elected to just create another cold veggie and hard boiled egg plate similar to what I had yesterday for lunch.

Today's plate had: red and green peppers, carrots, celery, tomato chunks, cucumber slices, broccoli, cauliflower, and the other half of my AM snack croissant, along with 1/4 cup ranch dressing.

After work I today I went to a travel agency and picked up some travel guides for Alaskan cruises, and California, and Florida holidays, any of which Ashley and I are hoping to be able to travel to this year, either with family or on our own for a quiet romantic getaway.


From the travel agency it was off to Starbucks to get Ashley and I a little afternoon treat before I headed back home for the day.

I got a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte, and for Ashley: a Tall Fat Free Cappuccino.

Once home it was time to start getting Fittified! haha! First though I had to have a little food snack of a slice of whole grain toast.


Then it was time to R-U-N!

Notice all the snow on the ground here in Calgary that we must battle through? But we do and we're stronger for it, haha just kidding.

After running it was time for a hard all out workout on the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus. I was so extremely pleased with my fitness today I worked up a real sweat running, and again on the Wii Fit Plus. After which I had a workout drink. I don't know where to get these drink crystals, we ot free sample packs from doing a running race last year. If I ever see them though I will let you all know. (These crystals actually taste better than Gatorade and they're better for you ;) )


Anyway now it's time to make some dinner, and then who knows what the night will bring. I'll bring you all up to speed as the night goes on.

Have a safe and happy Friday Night everyone!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment