Saturday, April 3, 2010

So Much Time, So Much To Do

Don't you just love the feeling of having so much time to do all the things you want and need to do over a long weekend? This is definitely the case for me this Easter Long Weekend. Late last night Ashley and I were sitting around home watching hockey and we decided to up and head out to see "Alice In Wonderland" in 3D which let me tell you was an amazing movie definitely a must see in my mind, filled with a star studded cast highlighted by Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter!

After a solid nights sleep I started my day off with a good hard 30 minute workout on the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus this morning. I just love the feeling of starting my weekend days off with a solid workout of some form to get the body loosened up and ready for whatever may come that day.

Following my workout it was time for breakfast omelette's and coffee, withe fruit smoothies.

Our smoothies this morning were made of:
-2 extra ripe banana's
-6 large strawberries
-1/2 cup frozen cranberries
-1/3 cup plain yogurt
-1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
-1 cup fat free milk
-4 large ice cubes




Our omelette's were made of:
-2 eggs per person
-red onion
-red and green peppers
-mushrooms
-Siracha Vietnamese hot sauce

Ta-DA!!! Breakfast was served hot and tasty!

While we ate breakfast and drank coffee this morning we watched "Ordinary People" starring: Donald Sutherland, and Mary Tyler Moore, 1980's Academy Award winner for Best Picture, and Best Director; Robert Redford. I hadn't seen this movie in 10 years since senior year of high school when we read the book in English class, and I watched the movie on the side. this however was the first time Ashley had ever seen this movie.


After the movie I had a little pre-run snack of a carrot muffin, and sat down to write this blog post before Ash and I go out for our Saturday afternoon run.


The rest of my Saturday will likely be spent running, going to the market, going out for an Easter-esq dinner with Ashley and her family, and then Ash and I have tickets to a mystery theatre play tonight courtesy of my mom. It'll be a busy but extremely fun filled day, and after all is that not what long weekends are for? I sure do think so.

Have a Happy and Healthy day lovelies!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment