Friday, April 2, 2010

Great Good Friday

Happy Good Friday to you all! Hope today has been a good day and hopefully day off for all of you. We started our Good Friday off with a bit of a sleep in, well we slept in till 8am ish which yes is a sleep in for us believe it or not.
For breakfast this morning I made "Banana Oats" and Coffee.


After breakfast we just kinda lounged around and enjoyed our morning, well more specifically I did, Ashley spent much of the morning on the phone dealing with work issues as she is finishing up her 2 weeks of on-call at work.
This afternoon Ashley went with a friend to see "The Last Song" (Miley Cyrus)movie, while I elected to stay home and go for a glorious Friday afternoon walk, in the lovely spring sunshine, followed by a 30 minute "Power nap" and then it was time to shower and start getting the food on for our Good Friday Easter Dinner with my dad, step mom, and aunt.



For dinner Ashley and I made roasted chicken, mashed yams, roasted potatoes, tossed salad (Iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, red radishes, cucumber, tomato, and green onions). Also with the salad I made a homemade Dijon Peanut Butter salad dressing.
This is funny seeing as I'm allergic to Peanuts and all nuts in fact, but we have this huge Costco jar of PB for Ashley and I was just trying to use some up.



Both supper and dessert (I sent Ashley out last minute before company came to pick up some dessert, Thanks Baby), were absolutely amazing.
It was so nice getting some family time tonight for dinner, now we will go have another Easter Dinner with my mom, sister, grandma, and uncle on Easter Sunday, lots of poultry this weekend for us, haha!

Hope you all have an amazing Easter 2010 Weekend!
Stay Happy and Healthy

Nighty Night ;)
-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment