Sunday, March 28, 2010

Great Food, Great People, Great Weather..... Great Day

So yesterday/Day 1 of my "Going Back To The Basics" went reasonably well. I started yesterday morning off with a 30 minute yoga workout, followed by a hearty and filling breakfast of:

Banana Oats with a huge mug of coffee.
The Oats were made by: (per person)
1/3 cup fat free milk
1/3 cup water brought to a boil with the milk
1/3 cup quick oats (added to the boiling liquid
1/2 large banana
3/4 tsp flax seeds (all above ingredients mixed together until desired consistency is reached
1 tsp brown sugar on top of final oats mixture

After breakfast Ashley had to run off to the dentist so while she was there I took the opportunity to swing by a branch of the "Calgary Public Library", and let me tell you I found so much stuff there.


Notice with the books a large amount of tattoo books? I am getting my next piece done on my lower right arm within the next month or two at least I'm hoping....Yay 2009 Income Tax Return! I figured I would find a few books with designs, and celeb tattoos to entertain me until I get mine done.

After the library and Ashley's dentist appointment we went to Subway sandwich shop for some lunch. Un-fortunately I don't have any pics of my lunch but what I had was a:
-Foot long Chipotle Steak sub all the fixens, on wheat bread and of course no cheese
-2 M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
-Medium Diet Coke
-Medium Seattle's Best Coffee (it was 100% FREE!!!!!)

After lunch Ashley and I went and spent some time with her mom and went shopping, followed by taking her mom's dog for a 30 minute walk outside in the beautiful +15 degree weather.


Diesel is such a cute dog and so fun to take for walks, but he tires very very very quickly and really likes to think he's a big bad junkyard dog but truly his bark is way worse than his bite and that's if he even has any bite.

After our afternoon of shopping and dog walking we were off to pick up my Mom from my uncles and drive her home luckily both my mom and my uncle live only a short drive from Ashley's moms house. The reason though why we had to pick up my Mom is cause she broke her ankle and sprained her knee and has a cast on her ankle so she is not able to drive until she gets the cast removed, and my step dad is away on business trip, and my sister was working (really we were just asked cause of a serious lack of options).
However out of picking my mom up and driving her around we got a free Angel-Food cake, and 18 Angle-Food cupcakes, which went along with my cup of Kicking Horse "Kick-Ass blend coffee" just perfectly for my afternoon snack-eroo but only one cupcake of course.


Last night Ashley and I and her mom went to "Yuk Yuk's International Stand-up Comedy" with some of her moms friends from work as well as for drinks before. However before any of that took place Ashley and I came home for a quick supper for which I had:

a bowl of "Cream of Mushroom Soup" along with roasted broccoli, and mushrooms.

After Yuk Yuk's on our way home Ashley and I stopped by our neighbourhood "Tim Horton's" for a small Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich. You gotta love those 1am food cravings.


Hope you all had a wonderful Happy and Healthy Saturday filled with Great Food, Great People, and Great Weather!

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment