Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wild Wednesday

Today started off a wee bit earlier than most mornings lately. I had to be out of the house by 6:05am in order to be at work by 7:00am. With having to be up and out of the house earlier meant I needed a quick and easy breakfast.

For breakfast I chose to have a banana, a Kashi Soft Baked Cereal Bar, Baked Apple Spice Flavor. Along with the Kashi cereal bar and banana, I had a mug of coffee for the road, made from a pouch of Starbucks Coffee VIA instant coffee. I have to say that for instant coffees the Starbucks VIA instant coffee is quite good!

Once at work this morning I had to quickly settle into my morning and daily routine as I had a large amount of catered lunches to do today, luckily I had some help from a co-worker to help me get all the catering executed, and executed on time. During my insanely busy morning I did however find time to squeeze in a wee morning snack which today was a very yummy croissant.


After my busy busy busy morning came to an end it was time for me to have some lunch myself. Today for my lunch I chose to make myself a veggie wrap consisting of: lite mayonnaise, shredded lettuce, green and red pepper slices, cucumber slices, and sprouts, wrapped in a white tortilla as that's all we had available for my use. Along with my wrap I had a side of my weekly special at work which was a "Ginger Chicken Pasta Salad" minus the chicken.
The salad contained:
-red pepper & green pepper slices
-sliced red onion
-Mandarin orange segments
-penne pasta
-lite mayonnaise
-granulated ginger

I have to say lunch was very yummy and verry fillin all at the same time.

After work I came home and ran for an hour on the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus while I watched my first ever episode of "Heros" on DVD. The episode I watched was the season premiere form "Season 2".

Now I know you're asking "Why are you starting at season 2 instead of season 1?", well here's my answer; I went to the library the other day and saw it there but not season 1, and I really had wanted to check that show out so I just thought "what the heck?", and so I borrowed Season 2 instead. I have to say so far I'm quite impressed with "Heros" but I'll try and watch a bit more tomorrow and we'll see if that impression continues.

After working out and running on the Wii Fit Plus for a grand total of 90 minutes, it was time for me to fire up the BBQ and make Ashley and I dinner.


For dinner we each had:
-1 BBQ baked potato
-1 BBQ Kirkland Signature Garden Veggie Burger(Available at Costco)
-Cauliflower (steamed)
It was a very filling, and very high veggie supper which made it a double winner supper.

The rest of the night I believe will just be spent with Ashley and I relaxing and visiting a bit, and maybe watching a bit of TV, then it'll be off to bed to do it all over again tomorrow.

Hope you all had a happy and healthy day

-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment