Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Joy Of Getting Rid Of Old Clothes

Today Ashley and I got to have breakfast together at her office as we usually do Thursday mornings.

Today I had "Natures Path Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch" cereal with fat free milk, and my "$0.93 Banana" that I had to purchase from the cafeteria at Ashley's office building cause I forgot my banana from home at home while I was rushing to get out of the house this morning.
Ashley and I had a really nice Thursday morning visit, and talked about somethings we'd like to do this upcoming weekend, including a couple of breakfasts/brunches out, and some daytime activities too.
After breakfast and visiting time with Ashley I headed off to work for my 8am start at work.

This morning was a steady morning for me at work, not too busy, not too slow. I had a few catering jobs to do, along with some prepping of items for lunch in the restaurant. I did manage to squeeze in a little morning snack of chocolate chip cookie, and a handful of red seedless grapes.


For lunch today I had a veggie wrap in a sun dried tomato tortilla, with lite mayonnaise, red and green pepper strips, cucumber strips, diced tomatoes, and sprouts. With my veggie wrap I had a mixed greens salad with a balsamic dressing, and red and green peppers, red onions, mushrooms, and black olives.

Afternoon snack was a bowl of red seedless grapes, and strawberries.


After work this afternoon I met up with my dad at a bar and had a couple glasses of water (I swear it really was water) with my dad before we went back to his house for dinner and a visit, as we quite often do on Thursdays. Once we got back to my dads I went through a box of old clothes of mine from about 5 years ago when I last lived at home that were cleaned out of my old bed room at his house. Now these clothes were both out of style now, and were very very big on me now, for instance there were shirts I found that were size XXL that I wore back in the day, and now I'm a size L. Now let me tell you all this: there is no better feeling than that of knowing that not only are you purging and making space especially when and where space is needed, but also knowing that you've gone down two shirt sizes, and I'm not talking sizes in terms of length. Also I have decided that purging clothes that are now way to big on me is the best motivation tool to keep working hard at keeping the extra pounds off and keeping them off for good.


I filled two large blue bags with clothes to be dropped off for Goodwill.

For supper tonight my dad and I had beef lasagna and New England Clam Chowder, and for dessert I had an ice cream sandwich from the box of ice cream sandwiches Ashley and I took over to my dads on Sunday when we went over to watch the gold medal game of Olympic Men's Ice Hockey, along with a slice of carrot cake.



After dinner and visiting with my dad, I came home and worked out and ran. Following my workout and run I sat down to watch some more of Season 2 of "Heros" and write this blog post. Now as we are approaching 11 pm I'm winding my night down, and getting ready to go to bed.

Sleep Tight, and have a great happy and healthy Friday everybody!
-Ben-

No comments:

Post a Comment